|Ever roleplay as the detective L from Death Note? Ever worry you sucked at it, or just felt plain stressed out? Ever wanted to network with other people playing the character and bounce ideas off of them?|
Then this laughably esoteric livejournal community is for you! Remember, we're neurotic Ls so everyone be awesome to each other!
* Bring together L players into a close-knit community.
* Facilitate in-depth discussion about playing L.
* Provide a comfortable environment for criticism and critique.
* You can join with your personal journal . . .
* Or you can join with an RP journal of L - provided the RP journal has an acknowledgment of who the player is in its profile.
* Anonymous posting is not available nor allowed in this community. If you have an opinion, you need to have the guts to say it in "your" own voice.
* Be polite and courteous to one another.
* No spamming, bashing, flaming.
* No excessive swearing.
* If someone posts something that you find offensive, either keep to the code of conduct or ignore it altogether. If you find it too offensive, contact the maintainers.
* Maintainers reserve the right to ban people who cause excessive amounts of drama. However, maintainers must notify the person being banned of this in a discrete manner (IM or E-mail). If maintainers cannot find contact information, you will be banned without warning.
* Maintainers reserve the right to delete and/or freeze comment lines due to spamming/bashing/flaming getting out of hand.
* Maintainers reserve the right to change policies and rules of conduct as situations arise. However, maintainers must notify the community at large of these changes.
* If problems arise, please contact one of the maintainers and we will get back to you within 72 hours.
CRITIQUING V. FLAMING
* Flaming: Is not invited.
* Critique: Is asked for - so unless a person asks for it, it's not allowed.
* Flaming: Saying things such as "you suck," "you're OOC!," or "X wouldn't do that!"
* Critique: Providing ways the player could improve and giving examples of how this could work.
* Flaming: Insisting what the other person is playing is not "canon" or is somehow "wrong."
* Critique: Giving examples of why this is or is not canon while taking into account previous development and in-game circumstances.
(Awesome name of epic win courtesy of immelmanturn; rules by rpdichotomy)
Would you believe we are so hardcore that we inspired other communities? Check them out:
Mr. Raito-mr_raito-The community for Light roleplayers in doubt
Not a Mailman-notamailman-The community for Matt roleplayers in doubt
Near and Dear-near_and_dear-The community for Near roleplayers in doubt
Mello Me Out-mello_me_out-The community for Mello roleplayers in doubt
Misa 'n Match-misa_n_match-The community for Misa roleplayers in doubt